- January 22, 2016
- Posted by: IAIP
- Category:BLOG, India Investment Conference, Mumbai
Contributed by: Chetan Shah, CFA, Director IAP and Senior Portfolio Manager Religare Invesco AMC
Indian Association of Investment Professionals (IAIP) and CFA Institute India organized Sixth India Investment Conference (IIC16) titled “Strategies for an Emerging Environment” on January 15th 2016 in Mumbai. The conference was very well received with record participation of over 550 people. Like in the past the list of speakers was impressive. The speakers included:
1) Robert P. Browne CFA, CIO with Northern Trust, who gave perspective on global asset allocation, investment themes for 2016 and beyond
2) Ashvin B. Chhabra, President Euclidean and author of “The Aspirational Investor”, who presented his innovative approach to managing wealth based on key goals and careful allocation of risk
3) John Kay, visiting Professor of Economics, London School of Economics & Political Science, who stressed upon the need for financial reform and how a lean financial system can better adapts to the needs of the economy
4) Manoj Pradhan, SeniorEconomist, Global Economics Team,Morgan Stanley, who articulated his views on how the global economy will shape up over the next 5 and 30 years
5) Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University who gave corporate life cycle approach to valuing young and mature companies, and
6) Pranay Gupta CFA, Director, Curriculum Projects, CFA Institute, who gave a framework on multi-asset investing.
Each of the sessions was moderated by experts & practitioners. Arranged in the same order as that of speaker sessions, they were (1) Navneet Munot CFA, Director IAIP & CIO SBI MF, (2) Vikas Khemani CFA, President & CEO Edelweiss Securities, (3) Saurabh Mukherjea CFA, CEO Institutional Equities, Ambit, (4) Jayesh Gandhi CFA, President IAIP & Senior Portfolio Manager Birla Sun Life AMC, (5) Amit Rathi, MD Anand Rathi Financial Services and (6) Madhu Veeraraghavan, TA Pai Chair Professor of Finance, TA Pai Management Institute respectively.
The co-chair of conference were:
Anil Ghelani CFA, SVP, DSP BlackRock Mutual Fund and Amit Khurana CFA, Head Equities, Dolat Capital.
Jayesh Gandhi CFA, President IAIP and Senior Portfolio Manager, Birla Sun Life AMC and Sunil Singhania CFA, member of Board of Governors of CFA Institute and CIO Equities Reliance Mutual Fund started the conference with their opening addresses. While Vidhu Shekhar CFA, Country Head India, CFA Institute gave a vote of thanks.
IAIP is thankful to its (1) Academic supporter Flame University, (2) Platinum Supporters (a) Anand Rathi Share & Stock Brokers (b) Edelweiss Financial Services (c) T A Pai Management Institute, (3) Gold supporter Morningstar India (4) Silver supporters (a) Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company (b) Bombay Stock Exchange (The Stock Exchange Investor Protect Fund), (c) National Stock Exchange, (d) SBI Funds Management (5) Exhibitor FactSet (6) Delegate Supporters (a) Ambit, (b) DSP BlackRock, (c) Nirmal Bang Institutional Equities (d) Principal Mutual Funds, (e) Reliance Mutual Fund and (7) online media supporter moneycontrol.com.
For the complete coverage of #IndiaInvConf (for India Investment Conference 2016) kindly click on the links to the posts on the WordPress or search under the tab “India Investment Conference”:
#IndiaInvConf – Inaugural Address By Jayesh Gandhi CFA, President IAIP and Senior Portfolio Manager Birla Sun Life AMC
#IndiaInvConf – Opening Address By Sunil Singhania CFA, Member Board of Governors CFA Institute and CIO Equity Investments Reliance Mutual Funds
#IndiaInvConf – Global Asset Allocations: Investment And Business Themes For 2016 And Beyond – A CIO’s Perspective
#IndiaInvConf – The Aspirational Investors: Investing In The Pursuit Of Wealth And Happiness
#IndiaInvConf – Other People’s Money: A Lean Financial Services System Can Better Adapt To The Needs Of The Economy
#IndiaInvConf – Global Economic Outlook: Why the Next 30 Years Will Look Nothing Like The Last 30
#IndiaInvConf – The Corporate Life Cycle – Lessons For Investors
#IndiaInvConf – Multi-Asset Investing: A Practitioner’s Framework
You could also read tweets by typing #IndiaInvConf, @iaipcfa, @CFAIndia, @CFAAsia, @CFAInstitute